Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber R.S.S. Richard Simm & Sohne

Article about: It's been a while since I have been able to add a new Infantrie Sturmabzeichen to my collection. I was recently able to add this silver example to go with my bronze grade. It has tarnished b

Default Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber R.S.S. Richard Simm & Sohne

It's been a while since I have been able to add a new Infantrie Sturmabzeichen to my collection.
    I was recently able to add this silver example to go with my bronze grade.
    It has tarnished but, it still retains most of it's silver finish.
    Ralph.

Last edited by rbminis; 09-17-2023 at 12:54 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber R.S.S. Richard Simm & Sohne
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph,

Congrats on your new addition, it's a very nice example.

This silver grade RSS is the 6-vein variant and like so many of the other makers, the crimped in attachment has failed on these.
    All of the 6-vein ISA's I have seen have the ball hinge and catch directly soldered in place and they have the wide spaced R S S maker mark on the reverse.

I have never seen a 6-vein with the hardware crimped in place as intended or in Bronze grade...which leads me to believe your Bronze is a 5-vein.

Here is my example to compare.

Cheers Mate!
    fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber R.S.S. Richard Simm & Sohne   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber R.S.S. Richard Simm & Sohne  

?

Nice award, I was under the impression that R.S.S. was the abbreviation for Richard Sieper and Sohns, Ludenscheid, perhaps the '&' in R.S.&S. is what sets them apart..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Always amazes me that for a field worn award, the ball hinge types look so fragile. I wonder why Simms never used the block hinge and flat pin that is so much sturdier?

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph,

Congrats on your new addition, it's a very nice example.

This silver grade RSS is the 6-vein variant and like so many of the other makers, the crimped in attachment has failed on these.
    All of the 6-vein ISA's I have seen have the ball hinge and catch directly soldered in place and they have the wide spaced R S S maker mark on the reverse.

I have never seen a 6-vein with the hardware crimped in place as intended or in Bronze grade...which leads me to believe your Bronze is a 5-vein.

Here is my example to compare.

Cheers Mate!
    fischer
    Thank you fischer!
    And, yes, my bronze grade is a 5-vein.
    It was missing the hinge and pin when I acquired it. It was fairly early in my collecting, and I wanted the challenge of attempting a repair.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Nice award, I was under the impression that R.S.S. was the abbreviation for Richard Sieper and Sohns, Ludenscheid, perhaps the '&' in R.S.&S. is what sets them apart..
    Thank you G!
    I know that Sieper were allowed to make quite a few accessories, but I don't think they were allowed to make awards.
    Ralph.