Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. A late war example that shows signs of a little bit of poor QA/QC with a misalignment of the pressing dies, and possibly some die flaws. These could also

Default Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid

A new addition to my IAB collection.
    A late war example that shows signs of a little bit of poor QA/QC with a misalignment of the pressing dies, and possibly some die flaws.
    These could also be caused by the crimping die for the hinge. It also shows signs of hand finishing with file marks on the reverse.
    It has the typical hardware for this maker.
    Ralph.

Last edited by rbminis; 05-25-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid
    P
    Many

Ralph,

Very nice looking badge.. Thank you for the information reference the marks on the backs reference the possible die flaw or misalignment of the press. I often wondered if these were stress cracks from a press or something else.. I have a few IABs so I will have to go back and look closer at them to see if I have some of the imperfections you mention..

Best Regards and Hope you are well..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Ralph,

Very nice looking badge.. Thank you for the information reference the marks on the backs reference the possible die flaw or misalignment of the press. I often wondered if these were stress cracks from a press or something else.. I have a few IABs so I will have to go back and look closer at them to see if I have some of the imperfections you mention..

Best Regards and Hope you are well..

Smitty
    Thank you Smitty!
    Hopefully my posting will help other members to gain some knowledge in their own items.
    The misalignment can be seen on the obverse view of the eagle's head.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, as always nice badge. First time for me to see this particular maker.

John

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi Ralph, as always nice badge. First time for me to see this particular maker.

John
    Thank you John!
    I have another variant that I thought I had posted previously but, I checked and it appears I had not.
    Will post it in the near future.
    Ralph.