Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?

Article about: Found this at a flea market and have to decide whether or not I should buy it. Does anyone know if it's original?

Default Original Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?

Found this at a flea market and have to decide whether or not I should buy it. Does anyone know if it's original?

Last edited by rbminis; 05-29-2017 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Edited to orient photos correct;y.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?
    P
    Many

I decided to pass on it, at least for now until I can find out more. It appears original to me, but I know very little about these medals.

Quote by chbingle View Post
    I decided to pass on it, at least for now until I can find out more. It appears original to me, but I know very little about these medals.
    If you want to be absolutely sure, you could try one of the many reputable dealers available online. You will pay a little more than 'street price', though.
    Whenever you contemplate another purchase, best to present it here for the experts to scrutinize. I've been saved from one duff purchase already thanks to the expertise of fellow forum-goers.

Regards, B.B.

Not the best photo, but looks ok. If cheap jump on it.

Now the pictures are orientated properly I'll give my two penn'orth. It looks like a good Rettenmaier (previously known as the 'Broken Stem') to me. I withheld my opinion earlier due to not being able to view the badge without becoming a contortionist to do it, that really browns me off.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

For some reason my pictures always upload flipped unless I put them in a new folder on my computer and upload from that. So unfourently my uploads are always flipped when I post from my phone :/

Quote by chbingle View Post
    For some reason my pictures always upload flipped unless I put them in a new folder on my computer and upload from that. So unfourently my uploads are always flipped when I post from my phone :/
    Trouble is that's the reason why you can miss the chance to buy. I won't bother these days if the effort hasn't been made to make the item in question as presentable as possible, it's just mutual respect at the end of the day.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Now the pictures are orientated properly I'll give my two penn'orth. It looks like a good Rettenmaier (previously known as the 'Broken Stem') to me. I withheld my opinion earlier due to not being able to view the badge without becoming a contortionist to do it, that really browns me off.
    If it is, it likely has a replaced catch as both of my examples have a rectangular catch plate.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello

For me, the ISA is a good original often referred to as the Broken Stem.
    Some suggest it was produced by Alois Rettenmaier albeit, we only have circumstantial evidence to date and solid proof to this attribution has yet to surface.

Several hardware set ups can be found on this example and I'm of the opinion the set up on the ISA in question is original.

Here are a couple of round catch plate examples I have.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?   Original Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?  

Original Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?   Original Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?  

I'm planning on going back to the market today, so if it's still there by some chance I'll probably pick it up and post some better pictures

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast