MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

R.S.S. Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen.

Article about: by talltom its bad that they are now stampng fakes with MM's It's nothing new Tom, the fakers have always done it to varying degrees just to add that extra touch of authenticity. Note the ma

Default R.S.S. Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen.

hi lads

i came across this award and at first i thought it was fake but then i noticed it had R.S.S stamped into the back i did some research and it came up that they made these awards so now im stuck is this original or notR.S.S. Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen.R.S.S. Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen.R.S.S. Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen.R.S.S. Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen.

thanks for all the help
    tom
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-03-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement R.S.S. Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: infantry assualt badge

Eagle's head is correct for a Richard Simm & Sonne. But to be sure i'd like to see better pics of the catch (RSS did use this catch by the way). It seems rather pitted to me. But i do think it's more likely to be good than bad. Stewy

Default Re: infantry assualt badge

Default Re: R.S.S. Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen.

thanks stewy ive asked for more pictures of the catch and shall post the moment i get them (i wasn't expecting you to say it might be original so thats awsome)

thanks
    tom

?

It does look good but the pitting on the eagle and flaw on the swastika could do with some investigating. Is this a feature of R.S.S. Infanterie badges?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It does look good but the pitting on the eagle and flaw on the swastika could do with some investigating. Is this a feature of R.S.S. Infanterie badges?
    No i wouldn't say it was Ade. I'd like to see a "Pin open" look at the reverse. Especially the back of the Swaz,due to the flaw you alluded to mate. The hollows like mine are one of the finest ISA's IMO. Stewy

Hi Guys

My opinion is this one is bad. As mentioned, the flaw on the swazy and the pitted surface, lack of stippling in the wreath leaves, incorrect details especially the bayonet raise alarms for me.

Another issue is Richard Simm, being a Gablonz maker are known for their ball style hinges. The sheet metal hinge is not correct and the details of the crimping area for the catch are not the same as known originals.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Thank you for commenting on this one fischer. I think the final nail has been hammered in!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

well ive asked for pictures but so far no reply its bad that they are now stampng fakes with MM's

thanks fischer ,stewy and adrian for your help i appreciate it

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    well ive asked for pictures but so far no reply its bad that they are now stampng fakes with MM's

thanks fischer ,stewy and adrian for your help i appreciate it

tom
    In a way that's sort of a blessing in disguise. Once you stamp your fake badge, not only do you have to make sure that the mark is perfect, but you have to make sure that every single detail of the badge matches originals of whatever they stamped it to be!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast