Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Repaired, Hollowback Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi guys, This badge is for sale at a local shop. I am not keen on a couple of details, but I do like the material. I have heard that hollowback badges are also somewhat controversial. Could

Default Repaired, Hollowback Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hi guys,

This badge is for sale at a local shop. I am not keen on a couple of details, but I do like the material. I have heard that hollowback badges are also somewhat controversial. Could I please get some expert opinions on it?

If better photos are needed, I will go back this weekend with my actual camera, and not my phone...

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Repaired, Hollowback Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Repaired, Hollowback Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Repaired, Hollowback Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Repaired, Hollowback Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Repaired, Hollowback Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hi Mo

This one is attributed to the firm of Franke & Co. Lüdenscheid or FCL. Like most, this hollow FCL has lost it's frosted electroplated finish with time.
    As the pictures are bad, it looks like a crack between the wreath and k98 stock has been repaired. Hardware is original with the sheet metal hinge having an oblong form hinge base and a directly soldered "?" style catch.

All TR combat badges, not just the hollows can be controversial. The fakers have ruined this hobby for many collectors. Knowledge is our only defense.

Best Regards, fischer

Hi Fischer!

Many thanks for the info. Badges are a minefield, of course, but guys like you help me learn the finer details. I only have a few kriegsabzeichen, and most are minensuch abzeichen. The only infanterie sturmabzeichen I have is a relic example from Belgium.

This badge is $35, so I think I will be jumping on it then.

Get it bought!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Get it bought! Cheers, Ade.
    Absolutely ! It would not bother me that it had been repaired, as long as it was not a botched job ! which this rather delicious IAB clearly is not !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Get it bought!

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes, sir! I'll go pick it up today. Thank you all for your help.

Following Ade's orders, I went and got the badge. They knocked it down to $30 for me.

Here are some photos that do it justice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Repaired, Hollowback Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Repaired, Hollowback Infanterie Sturmabzeichen