Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, for identification

Article about: Hello friends, I wonder if anyone would like to chime in on potential makers for this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen I've had in my possession for a long time. I believe it to be zinc, a little w

?

Default Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, for identification

Hello friends,

I wonder if anyone would like to chime in on potential makers for this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen I've had in my possession for a long time. I believe it to be zinc, a little worn, with some kind of white powdery corrosion or something (I wonder would it be ok to clean this off?). It's unmarked, but its constructions most closely resembles this one by Joseph Bergs & Co. I found in the database:

Joseph Bergs & Co with Crimped in Ball Hinge and Catch

Could it be one of the above lacking a maker mark? It seems to lack the almost semi-hollow back of the above example. Or, question of questions - is it even a genuine piece?

Hope you can help.

Last edited by Fiore; 03-12-2022 at 04:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, for identification
    P
    Many

IMO, it looks like an original, in poor condition.
    Also, the hinge pin has been replaced.
    The example in the data base does not have a maker mark either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The example in the data base does not have a maker mark either.
    Oh, so it doesn't... I confused it with another I was looking at at the time. Good to know!

You are correct and this one is an unmarked JB&Co. example.

If this one were mine, I would apply a very fine coat of Vaseline to the surface.

In regards to the hinge pin as Ralph states, I would also say it has been replaced.
    But, over the years I have wondered if some of these JB&Co ISA's left the factory like this?

Here are a couple more that have this attribute that I have saved in my files.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, for identification   Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, for identification  

Attached Images Attached Images Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, for identification 

And one I have with this attribute.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, for identification   Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, for identification  

?

That's great Fischer, thank you. Good to know I have an original piece. And a fine coat of vaseline might clean it up/protect it? Would it be best to brush it on, to get it into all the recesses and such? Or just a light wipe with a rag?

?

Well, I went ahead and applied some vaseline in very thin coats with an old toothbrush, and I must say the badge looks ten times better now. Got rid of all that white powdery stuff and really brought out the depth and contrast in the details. Thanks for the advice!