Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case

Article about: Hi Guys, one of the few US items I still have. I find it interesting that within months of being so utterly defeated that German industry could start to produce souvenir items for Allied tro

Default 1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case

Hi Guys, one of the few US items I still have.

I find it interesting that within months of being so utterly defeated that German industry could start to produce souvenir items for Allied troops in Germany. As you can see the quality of this item is really good, and might even be gold plated? Inside is all gilt.

The US XXIII Corps shoulder flash is at top left of the map.

I used to own a very similar case by the same unknown (to me) maker which had the US occupation zone and the SHAFE flash on on. I have also seen British Zone cases again from the same maker. All feature a map design to the front and usually a date.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: 1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case

Nice one Ade

Here's my British made British zone (I'm not sure if I've post this one somewhere else?)
    This was found in the rubbish

I like it. I love art deco type stuff. Very similar in design.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, one of the few US items I still have.

I find it interesting that within months of being so utterly defeated that German industry could start to produce souvenir items for Allied troops in Germany. As you can see the quality of this item is really good, and might even be gold plated? Inside is all gilt.

The US XXIII Corps shoulder flash is at top left of the map.

I used to own a very similar case by the same unknown (to me) maker which had the US occupation zone and the SHAFE flash on on. I have also seen British Zone cases again from the same maker. All feature a map design to the front and usually a date.

Cheers, Ade.
    Very nice cases, both of you. A smart German businessman would have realized that the fastest way to get back on your feet is to move along with changing times.

I would also imagine that there was more of a feeling of relief rather than resentment in most of Germany at the time.

Fantastic items, i imagine the german people would need money really bad in order to survive.
    Probably why they made these.
    I guess these would be on sale?
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Nice items guys. Here are a couple from my collection. One from Japan and one from Germany. Both items brought back by vets. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case   1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case  

1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case   1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case  

1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case   1945 German made US XXIII Corps cigarrette case