Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1st Army Ordnance Greenback Patch, 1st Engineer Special Brigade Patch

Article about: So these are the remaining sleeve patches from my previous post about my grandfathers friends late husband who served in WW2. From the brief lookover of his papers and spoke to his wife, I f

Default 1st Army Ordnance Greenback Patch, 1st Engineer Special Brigade Patch

So these are the remaining sleeve patches from my previous post about my grandfathers friends late husband who served in WW2. From the brief lookover of his papers and spoke to his wife, I found out he was buried with his uniform and I would assume medals which he received the "European, African, Middle Eastern Campaign Medal, WW2 Victory Medal, and Free French Croix De Querre, Liberation of Paris Medal. I would have to go through more of the paperwork to get a better overview of his life during the war. He graduated from The Quartermaster School from Camp Lee, Virginia class of 31. I know he became the rank of Captain at some point. I am not sure what the red ribbon bar is for, and the Gold eagle was on his cap which I do have a picture of just not on me. Once I get all the paperwork in order and photos of everything, Ill post it, not sure on which forum but I am sure one of you will let me know! Thanks for your interest in this story!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Army Ordnance Greenback Patch, 1st Engineer Special Brigade Patch  

The ribbon is Army Good Conduct.

The First Army Ordnance is c 1941/42 , was unauthorized and made in anticipation that the First Army, based on Branch of service colours from WWI and inter war peiod designs , would be incorporated into the then new updated First Army SSI. This was not the case.

The standard First Army was Black on OD Green.

Was individual posted to 1st ESB as QM?

Phill