Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps

Article about: picked these up in an antique shop near where I was working yesterday, very nice, though they have had the seam unpicked, but that means you get a good look at the stitching on these 78th di

Default 78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps

picked these up in an antique shop near where I was working yesterday, very nice, though they have had the seam unpicked, but that means you get a good look at the stitching on these 78th division Irish brigade slip on middle east theater shoulder straps, circa 1943
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps   78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps  

78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps   78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps  

78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice shoulder straps

Regards
    Santi

Hi Jerry

Having the straps with multiple insignia is harder to come by these days and when you do they cost a lot.

I do have a 78th as a slip on and always wondered if they could have added a flash!

Out of curiosity I would of thought one of the "halbred(?)" would of faced the other way?

78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps

cheers

Phill

Phil, thanks.

In all the pics I have of this patch the halberd always faces the same way, some patches, such as 56th london were made in facing pairs until post war.

I have to admit this pair was very cheap, just one of those lucky finds in a general antique shop.

This is the a good combo patch, but only with the A of S strips to indicate brigade status
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 78th Division Irish Brigade WWII shoulder straps  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry

Combos are great they open up so much history to rediscover on the unit and also asks more questions.

The interesting question is if thats on the epaulette that would be for the KD shirt and BD would have all 3.

Always great seeing combos.

cheers

Phill