Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

American Field Services serving with the British 8th Army African/Italy

Article about: Hi there everyone... Based in the UK, I drive a 1943 Dodge WC54 ambulance to shows and demos etc. I'm wishing to recreate the American Field Services uniform and set up when they served with

Default American Field Services serving with the British 8th Army African/Italy

Hi there everyone...

Based in the UK, I drive a 1943 Dodge WC54 ambulance to shows and demos etc. I'm wishing to recreate the American Field Services uniform and set up when they served with the British 8th army.

I have come across a couple of photos and mentions. These wore a British type 37 uniform, trousers and jacket, with an officers shirt, tie and cap. I can get the clothing but am really struggling with the correct insignia and finer details. Basically can't find anything in the UK.

I'm looking for (originals or replicas) the shoulder tabs (Red curved "American Field Service") and a cap badge (eagle over the Stars and stripes with American Fields Service txt).

Does anyone have these items and are willing to part with them, know where I can get them.

Help and information in general about the AFS in Europe during ww2, when and where they were deployed would also be very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance for your time and help with this.

C.

MAP
    ?

Welcome the the forum C. If there is anything specific you are looking for you can create a "want ad" in our classified section.

Hopefully someone will be able to help out with some information on this niche area. Although I have a couple of items from the AFS I know little about this area and these are just from WW1.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Welcome the the forum C. If there is anything specific you are looking for you can create a "want ad" in our classified section.

Hopefully someone will be able to help out with some information on this niche area. Although I have a couple of items from the AFS I know little about this area and these are just from WW1.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. I'll give that a go. :-)