Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ATS Scarf with various formation badges, titles etc sewn on it

Article about: I always fancied one of these types of items, usually its Nurses capes you see, I have also seen a tank top/sleeveless jumper but I don't remember seeing an Auxiliary Territorial Service sca

Default ATS Scarf with various formation badges, titles etc sewn on it

I always fancied one of these types of items, usually its Nurses capes you see, I have also seen a tank top/sleeveless jumper but I don't remember seeing an Auxiliary Territorial Service scarf covered in badges like this.

Sadly no history with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS Scarf with various formation badges, titles etc sewn on it   ATS Scarf with various formation badges, titles etc sewn on it  

ATS Scarf with various formation badges, titles etc sewn on it   ATS Scarf with various formation badges, titles etc sewn on it  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice! Get your missus to model it for the lads.

Nice item Jerry

A great piece of wartime ephemera.

I have always liked these for what they represent and as you say it is usually the Nurses cape that turns up like this but I have seen a ladies greatcoat with the inside decorated like this too.

I would quite like something like this but it just doesn't fit with the rest of my collect notwithstanding I have a few cloth items and I have to draw the (very fluid) line somewhere

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

A great item that, I really like it. Regards Paul

Thanks all, an updated annotated version
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS Scarf with various formation badges, titles etc sewn on it  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.