Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a big patch weekend

Article about: I know a lady that is a antique dealer that puts stuff away for me and she called and said she had some stuff. I was very happy with the Marine Corps patches. If you look at the back of the

?

Default a big patch weekend

I know a lady that is a antique dealer that puts stuff away for me and she called and said she had some stuff. I was very happy with the Marine Corps patches. If you look at the back of the shooting medal it was made by Tiffany. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a big patch weekend   a big patch weekend  

a big patch weekend   a big patch weekend  

a big patch weekend  

Default Re: a big patch weekend

Nice haul, Gary!

?

Nice finds.

Good stuff Gary. I especially like the hard to find early
    45th Infantry Division swastika patch.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I definatly like the Marine Corps patches and also like Steve mentioned the 45th ID patch. I just had to ask about those on another forum when they showed some M1 Garands and members of the 45th ID with that patch. I didn't know that they had used the golden Swastika and was given the details about there use by the 45th.
    Very nice snag! Thanks for sharing those pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice grouping!

?

What are the "dog tag"type things with "mother of" ?

What a great lot of stuff and that's so good that the dealer puts this sort of things aside for you! I especially like the eagle cap badge above the shooting badge. I think it's the star of the group! The Tiffany bronze marksman badge dates from about the 1890's and the cap badge as well-they are probably together. These Tiffany badges came in a large number of varieties and years, etc and are quite collectable in their own right. Nice pick up, for sure!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well done Gary I like them all.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Hi guys thanks for looking. AMTG the dog tags are US coast guard dog tags. I was very happy to see the 45 th patch in the pile of patches . I believe a couple of the US Marine Corps patches are Australian made. When I went to get the items I forgot my loop so I couldn't see what the maker was on the shooting badge( ***** to get older) but I was very happy to see the Tiffany mark. I also picked up a very nice Japanese helmet but I can't play with that untill Christmas . Thanks again guys for looking . Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast