Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Army Chevron colours

Article about: Dear all I would like to know the colours represent the chevron wore by NCOs during world war 2. Red, green, khaki, white stripe on the chevron represent units or regimental or branch? Thank

Default British Army Chevron colours

Dear all

I would like to know the colours represent the chevron wore by NCOs during world war 2. Red, green, khaki, white stripe on the chevron represent units or regimental or branch?

Thank you so much

There have been many different colour/combinations according to regiment/corps rather than what might be called "branch" (although there has been a common theme in light infantry aka "rifle" regiments). There is sometimes a difference between different orders of dress in some units.

The colours generally reflect the facing colours of the regiment and the rank badges (plus some special to arm qualification badges) of officers and warrant officers follow the same theme.

The best thing to do is post pictures of the chevrons you wish to identify / discuss.

This site may assist but it is not comprehensive;

Badge21

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I nearly had a stab at this one, but I knew it was one for Mark..
    Made a far better job of it than I would have!

Thanks, Mark

I would like to know the stripes, especially on L/Cpl. Cpl and Sargeant/Colour Sargeant on Khaki Service Dress used before WW2. Men from the Malay Regiment wore this uniform but could not tell the colours based on the black/white photos. Thank you so much

Sample like this

CQMS with stripes and crown.

British Army Chevron colours