Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Cap badge

Article about: Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if this cap badge is authentic or a modern re-strike? Many thanks, Doug

Default British Cap badge

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if this cap badge is authentic or a modern re-strike? Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Cap badge   British Cap badge  

?

Hello
    looks OK IMO
    cordially
    Didier

The miss spelled Cambridgshire with no E rather than CambridgEshire is a known variant and is circa WWII and it has been suggested that when the spelling mistake was noticed they were withdrawn and issued to Home Guard units
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ok, thanks very much. Doug

Looks fine to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yep, I agree.

This is a happy find as the spelling mistake in this variant is one of those things that often causes less well informed collectors to dismiss it as "it must be fake" . Nice find!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."