Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Naval Flag, WWII period?

Article about: Hi friends, How (if at all) is it possible to see if a British flag is wwII period? This one looks odd, printed on only one side, size is 73cm x 48cm (dont know in inches) Only got these pho

Default British Naval Flag, WWII period?

Hi friends,

How (if at all) is it possible to see if a British flag is wwII period?

This one looks odd, printed on only one side, size is 73cm x 48cm (dont know in inches)

Only got these photos, any opinions?

not seen one like that before,and I live not far from what was chatham dock yard.

?

As it is only printed on one side and has no attachments to be flown, I wonder if this is actually something sold as a tea towel? The size is about right too. Here's a link to a similar product, except printed on cotton: Teatowel - Printed - Nauticalia 6135

Philip

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    As it is only printed on one side and has no attachments to be flown, I wonder if this is actually something sold as a tea towel? The size is about right too. Here's a link to a similar product, except printed on cotton: Teatowel - Printed - Nauticalia 6135

Philip
    exactly what I thought, I have some Welsh flag versions and lots of others
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My first guess as well. It would be too flimsy
    to hoist in the wind.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you guys, would never have thought of that.

ktrain
    ?

I have the same one given to us from a War Veteran years ago and says it was from the the beaches of Normandy where he operated the rescue boat. I also uploaded a picture from Normandy where you can see the flag.British Naval Flag, WWII period?British Naval Flag, WWII period?British Naval Flag, WWII period?British Naval Flag, WWII period?

Quote by ktrain View Post
    I have the same one given to us from a War Veteran years ago and says it was from the the beaches of Normandy where he operated the rescue boat. I also uploaded a picture from Normandy where you can see the flag.British Naval Flag, WWII period?British Naval Flag, WWII period?British Naval Flag, WWII period?British Naval Flag, WWII period?
    Welcome,

Sorry but no you don't. Yours from the crappy pics you supplied appears to be multi part construction not printed, though as you only show one side it is impossible to tell if yours has the design on both sides or not.
    Regards,

Jerry

ktrain
    ?

I don't know what you're talking about multi part construction lol?I took these new ones just now, laying them on my bed and standing above them as they are large.I also turned it over and it has the same on the back.It also has the brass hook still attached.British Naval Flag, WWII period?British Naval Flag, WWII period?British Naval Flag, WWII period?British Naval Flag, WWII period?

What i mean is yours is not printed only on one side as the thread starter is, yours appears to be a double sided RN white ensign. It might be of the same design but is not the same type as the thread starter. when I say multi piece construction, that means it is made of lots of different pieces of cloth sewn together to make the flag rather than a printed design on a white backing.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast