Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

British and US insignia

Article about: Just found the box I lost about 15 years ago, now I've discovered it in my debries. Take a look, is there are anything valuable from the first look? Mostly British and US, but other countrie

?

Default British and US insignia

Just found the box I lost about 15 years ago, now I've discovered it in my debries. Take a look, is there are anything valuable from the first look? Mostly British and US, but other countries too
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British and US insignia   British and US insignia  

British and US insignia  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Seanpmc1
    ?

Default Re: British and US insignia

Don't know much about Patches, but I do know that I gave $40 for a Rainbow Division Patch a few years ago. On ebay with 16 other people bidding on it.

I am trying to reproduce my Uncles "Ike" Jacket, so it was worth $40 to me. Whether thats actually what its worth or not, I don't know. I put in a max bid of $45, so since I got it for $40, somebody must have been bidding pretty close to me.

My Grandpa served in the 2nd Marine Tank Division. Tarawa, Saipan, Tinian, Okinawa, etc. I didn't have to look for an original Patch for his uniform though, he gave me his original. Moths had gotten to his Dress Blues pretty badly, so he removed all the insignia and burned the rest of it! All thats left is the EGA's, the Ribbons, the Corporal Stripes, the buckle off his belt, and the and the 2nd Div. Patch that I have. He has his "Expert" Marksman badge too, but won't let me have it.

Hi Dimas, nothing jumps out to me as rare or valueable. Looks to be fairly modern stuff.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi dimas,
    As Ade says they are mainly modern patches, but i do see the green bugle patch of my old regt, the Light Infantry.
    Nice group of patches though.
    dave.

?

There are books on U.S. insignia, which list current values I would recommend trying one of these publications, also some antique collector guides cover militaria and insignia.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "