Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought that I would share this with you. It came into work this week and I am really pleased to have it. These things seldom survive. I am trying to pin down the actual aircraft

MAP
    ?

What an amazing piece Ade.

Shocked by the lack of official interest. Hopefully Chris's tactic will produce some results.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nearly 10,000 Canadian airmen died serving Bomber Command Operations.

Yes, 10,000 brave airmen who fought for US..

What more of a fitting tribute to them, can there be, than this stunning piece of history?

The fact that no Canadian Museum has been in touch, shows how the Political Correctness mob have taken over.

They should be ashamed.

I reached out to the National Air Force Museum of Canada via Instagram yesterday and got a reply.

They rarely buy things. But I am keen they at least record it.

I am going to do the same to Bomber Command Museum of Canada today.

It seems emails do not get replies in this day and age, so social media seems to be the way to go...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

CBH
    ?

I’ve got a couple people interested, and I’ll see if I can get a message off to the head of the Canadian War Museum, from a friend at work who know him. Can you supply an link, or more contact information.

Hi Chris, dropped you a PM with my company email address.

Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Bomber Command Museum of Canada, would you believe they have a nose art database on their website. Their lack of interest is bizarre.

Nose Art Database – Bomber Command Museum of Canada

And a bit from Legion magazine, 1 January 2005, also online.

"Counting ground crew trades, enlistments, and transfers and excluding Newfoundlanders, approximately 1,821 Canadians joined the RAF between 1919 and 1942. Of these, 1,106 are known to have been aircrew and 361 were in non-flying trades, leaving some 350 CAN/RAF personnel whose trades are not currently known. A total of 422 CAN/RAF personnel were decorated; 778 were killed or died on active service during the war. Some 245, including 20 women, transferred to the RCAF, while 54 remained to make the RAF their permanent, postwar careers."
    Last edited by Anderson; 11-13-2021 at 11:35 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3