Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought that I would share this with you. It came into work this week and I am really pleased to have it. These things seldom survive. I am trying to pin down the actual aircraft

Default Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art

Hi Guys, I thought that I would share this with you. It came into work this week and I am really pleased to have it. These things seldom survive. I am trying to pin down the actual aircraft it was taken from. It measures Size 74cm x 85cm.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Is that on doped canvas?

That is very nice

Yes, it is on canvas.

Thanks.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Does it have any impression of the geodesic pattern on the back Ade?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

There is an imprssion of some of the ribs.

It is fairly delicate as you can imagine, so I have not taken it off the mount, which is fairly crude being a peice of plywood with the canvas being held in place with some plastic channeling. So loathe to play around with it.

Cheers, Ade.

That is absolutely fantastic.

A great big piece of history Ade, I wonder if a Canadian Museum would like to purchase it?

Where did it come from my friend?

I have contacted the museum a few weeks back. No heard a thing back, which is disappointing.

It came through the door at work.

Cheers, Ade.

"It came through the door at work".

Love it Ade..

A few more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art   Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art  

Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art   Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art  

Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art   Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art  

Canadian Wellington Bomber Nose Art  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast