Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cap Badge of the East Kent Regiment 'The Buffs'

Article about: I purchased this cap badge to the East Kent Regiment a little while ago to go with a medal group I have of a soldier of the Buffs from 1914 - 1919 in a hope of doing a framed display. I have

?

Default Cap Badge of the East Kent Regiment 'The Buffs'

I purchased this cap badge to the East Kent Regiment a little while ago to go with a medal group I have of a soldier of the Buffs from 1914 - 1919 in a hope of doing a framed display. I have very little knowledge of these badges and would like to ask the question, is there a difference between 1914 / 18 and 1939 / 45 cap badges of the Buffs? If there is which one do I now have?

As I say I have no knowledge about these badges as of yet but they do make a very interesting subject to collect and very reasonably priced into the bargain.

As always I would like to thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer me.

Wilko

Cap Badge of the East Kent Regiment 'The Buffs' Cap Badge of the East Kent Regiment 'The Buffs'

Hello Wilko,

Many thanks for your post unfortunately not my area of interest, but I have found the following link for information about the Cap Badge on the IWM website.

I hope it helps

Best wishes

Andrzej

Link :

badge, headdress, British, The Buffs (Royal East Kent Regiment) | Imperial War Museums

?

Thank you Andrzej for the link and reply. I will check the information in the link and see what i can find out.
    Ken

They as such change over time but there are more than 30 makers variants and yours looks ok but could be from either war.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you Jerry for the help. I guess its as close as I'll get for now.
    Ken

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    They as such change over time but there are more than 30 makers variants and yours looks ok but could be from either war.
    I agree. There was no change to the badge when there might have been at the grant of the "Royal" prefix to the regimental title in 1935 so the same badge was worn from WWI (and earlier) up until 1958 when the Home Counties Brigade badge was adopted.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."