Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

CBI chit

Article about: Hi. You guys were such a big help to me when I asked about the Japanese prayer flag - I thought I would try again! This has no s/n or chop stamp, but the back is stamped with Ka Ching Calcut

Default CBI chit

CBI chit

Hi. You guys were such a big help to me when I asked about the Japanese prayer flag - I thought I would try again! This has no s/n or chop stamp, but the back is stamped with Ka Ching Calcutta with a propeller under that. I know I read that if a CBI chit was theater made that it usually did not have stamp or number. From picture what do you guys think. Real or rip-off? Thanks!
    Kim

I’m afraid it’s not one for me. The yellowing appears to be stained whilst the rest of it appears to be in very good condition with little to no wear. I think it’s a recently made piece.

Note the light patches where the stain hasn’t reached and then the darker areas on the US flag where it is thicker as it has pooled.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CBI chit   CBI chit  

Thanks. I passed on it. What escape map is your avatar? I have gotten a few of those!

Quote by kimfitz View Post
    Thanks. I passed on it. What escape map is your avatar? I have gotten a few of those!
    Zones of France. I have few maps Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

There is a beautiful one up for auction on EBAY that is only up to $50 but shipping is $30! It is the C/D one. I have seen them go for a lot! You probably know but D side is France, Germany, Switzerland, and Belgium. C side is Holland, Belgium, France, and Germany. Looks pristine but I have purchased quite a few lately! Along with quite a few chits! I can not find the WWII Russian one at a great price or the 6 language WWII one. Reading up on how to best preserve and display them!