Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge

Article about: Guys These belong to my current boss, hopefully may be my own soon. All I know is they belonged to his recently deceased father or uncle. His father served with the Argyll and Sutherland Hig

Default Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge

Guys

These belong to my current boss, hopefully may be my own soon.

All I know is they belonged to his recently deceased father or uncle. His father served with the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders and was part of the first wave on D-Day, Juno beach with the Canadians I am told. His Uncle, (fathers older brother) served with the Guards

Question, what is the cloth patch, I have tried searching today during work but am only going around in circles, I believe it has Scottish connections

Sorry for the poor pictures but I had to tale quick pictures off site with my iPhone

Cheers for opinions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge   Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge  

Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge   Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge  

?

Default Re: Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge

Haven't a clue myself..Martin... I don't have a clue about most things but I like to reply ....Cheers Terry.

Cheers Terry, no worries, thanks for the reply ! lol

15th Scottish division home front TA unit until sent to France after D Day where it served on the continent until wars end.

Not sure on the titles though, the backs look a bit iffy, but not really my area.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thats interesting Jerry ! Throws the cat amongst the pigeons as it were !!!

I am hoping the ST's are ok, they have been in a box for years

I am only repeating what he has told me, he has no interest in militaria, he only showed them to me when he knew of my interests

Cheers !

The titles look like the early war type, which are handmade and are not all the same, maybe better pics will change my mind, but not a fan from these pics. As I said, not something I have studied and I could be wrong Martin.
    Regards,

Jerry

I would be really surprised if the titles were wrong, they looked good to me in my hand, felt backing similar to some Brit made 101st Airborne and 1st Airborne patches I have had recently, but whoo knows !! haha They were just in a little cardboard box with a France and Germany Star and Defence Medal.

Perhaps sadly the farther has been telling his son some tall stories about being part of the first wave on D-Day !!

I will try and get better pictures but it may be difficult, we had to go to his house to take these, if we brought a camera on site we would be shot ! haha

Some similar examples posted on the BMBF which are thought to be original, though only one person posted an opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge   Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge  

Regards,

Jerry

Cheers Jerry

Is this any better? I have not used any correction on the picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commando Shoulder Titles and Mystery Cloth Badge