Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with CBI Flag Stamps

Article about: Hi Guys,I was hoping to get some help with a translation of the stamps on a flag I just picked up. Im curious to know the details.Any help appreciated. Regards,Geoff

Default Help with CBI Flag Stamps

Hi Guys,I was hoping to get some help with a translation of the stamps on a flag I just picked up. Im curious to know the details.Any help appreciated.

Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with CBI Flag Stamps   Help with CBI Flag Stamps  

I believe it is Chinese ???? The flag is anyway..

Thanks in advance,Geoff

?

I thought there were some collectors here from China.
    You mention CBI, So I would also think Chinese characters.

I'm into CBI, Would it be possible to see the whole flag?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Will Get some up over the weekend Phil!

Thanks,G.

OK Phil,
    Here are a few more. Measuring 24"x37" (I had to fold it in half to fit a photo the red section is longer) the flag does not have grommets to attach to.It does have a tubular sleeve to put a rod or pole through. I don't know if it was meant to hang vertically on a wall or not but there are no attachment strings or clips it is a cotton type material which has some yellowing mainly on the outside I am assuming it was stored folded up and the yellowing seems to be more on the "outside" if you will. I think the key would be in the stamped markings on whether or not it is WWII era or a more modern flag.Help with CBI Flag StampsHelp with CBI Flag StampsHelp with CBI Flag StampsHelp with CBI Flag StampsHelp with CBI Flag StampsHelp with CBI Flag Stamps

?

Sweet, So its a NRA (National Revolutionary Army) Flag. Right??

If the blue is in the upper corner I saw one that referred to it as a Navy NRA flag.

Thanks for posting it Geoff.
    I'll be staying tuned to see if someone with some level of Chinese can chime in on the stamps.

I thought member MAP had some sort of Chinese experience/Family.
    Maybe it was just a trip he took there.

Wouldn't hurt to see if he could chime in on it..

But Thank you again for taking the time to photograph it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil,I have found a photograph of the flag online although it is not the same layout as the one you sent it shows the pattern of the flag I have.I never realized there were so many variations of Chinese flags!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with CBI Flag Stamps  

Here is the National Revolutionary Army Flag.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with CBI Flag Stamps 

?

I still hope somebody chimes in with a translation or explanation of the stamped markings
    Yes the second one you posted in #8 is what I thought your flag was.

I went back to your photo and saw the similarities to the "Navy type"
    Then seeing it was the same type that is in post #7.

Did you ask MAP if he might be able to help?

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Sorry guys. I showed my wife this yesterday and Geoff sent me some better photos today via email.

Unfortunately, the ink stamps were too faded and there was too much bleeding for her to interpret anything of value.

I was really hoping she could make out something as this is Chinese and not Japanese Kanji. Typically with Japanese Kanji, she can tell me what each individual "characters" mean in English, but has difficultly translating them into meaningful words or phrases in English. Example, she can tell me that one character means Mountain and the next means River. But these two Characters combined may mean something completely different in Chinese than Japanese. So....not knowing Japanese, she can't tell me what the Japanese word is and thus not the English transliteration. Sometimes she gets close enough that I can get a general understanding though (She has a good record with dog tags and a zero average on surnames LoL) .

Wish I had better news.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast