Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help ID a Gold Star Flag

Article about: Hello, I know this doesn't fall under the category of WW2. I was hoping someone could ID this 50 star US flag for me. It is a weird size, 5 feet x 7 feet. All the stars are gold. It is machi

Default Help ID a Gold Star Flag

Hello, I know this doesn't fall under the category of WW2. I was hoping someone could ID this 50 star US flag for me. It is a weird size, 5 feet x 7 feet. All the stars are gold. It is machined stitched (appears commercially made), no tags/stamps etc. and not in the greatest condition. I know a single gold star means a wartime casualty to a family member, but I can find nothing like this. Any help would be appreciated. Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help ID a Gold Star Flag   Help ID a Gold Star Flag  

Help ID a Gold Star Flag   Help ID a Gold Star Flag  

I think the flag is related to a naval flag on a ship bringing back bodies of American soldiers but cannot remember the connection or if my memory serves me well.
    John

Thanks for the response and info. Definetly think it has something to do with fallen soldiers.