Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help need with This Tie badge

Article about: Picked up this badge and i am trying to ID whos Airforce it is from so help needed please ,

Default Help need with This Tie badge

Picked up this badge and i am trying to ID whos Airforce it is from so help needed please ,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help need with This Tie badge   Help need with This Tie badge  

?

Vintage Spanish Air Force Transport Pilot Pin Badge Wings Propeller Crown, at least that's the description given.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help need with This Tie badge  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help need with This Tie badge 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you so much

It's a modern (75s-90s IMHO) one, notice the difference between the crowns, the one Gwar posted is from Franco's period (till 1975) the one by Kradman belongs to Borbon Spanish monarchy (from 1975- onwards)

Best regards

Nacho

I agree with Gwar about what it represents but not sure about the period. Just my thoughts based on the heraldry are that your pin has what looks like the "Real" (as in the Spanish pronounciation 'Reyaal') which I think is what we would call a "Kings (ie Monarch) Crown" so based on apparent age I guess at pre-Franco regime.

The first one posted by Gwar has a Ducal coronet which perhaps means a different period or grade?

The seccond one is clearly much more modern with bright electro-plate finish and modern clutch backs and once more has the Royal Crown, so maybe post-Franco or a commemorative.

As I say just speculation on my part but I am sure our Spanish members will be "all over" this one very shortly.

Interesting piece, thanks for showing it

Regards

Mark

EDIT

Haha, told you! Nacho slipped in there whilst I was doing "Old bloke typing"
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-16-2021 at 11:13 AM. Reason: EDIT
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you all , was a odd one as came in a box of Danish and British items from a car boot sale

Nice badge.