Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with pre ww2 French/spanish North African Colonial badges

Article about: Hi, I realize this may be a bit of a stretch, but any help is welcome. I picked up a collection of belgian colonial badges at a recent auction and amongst the lot were three that for the lif

Default Help with pre ww2 French/spanish North African Colonial badges

Hi,
    I realize this may be a bit of a stretch, but any help is welcome.
    I picked up a collection of belgian colonial badges at a recent auction and amongst the lot were three that for the life of me I cant ID.

The first badge is an enamel shield triangular in shape. It has the colors of an Arab nation with blue at the tip and is surmounted on cock/rooster suggesting an Arab unit under French command ( Syrian, Moroccan, Algerian?)

2nd is a crescent witha number 1 mounted over crossed rifles, axes and a spade. I thought it might be a Spanish Moroccan sapper or French Algerian

The third is an anchor with a grenade over it both sitting atop crossed cannon. I thought it may be French colonial marine artillery badge for either a kepi or pith helmet pre WW1 or Belgian?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with pre ww2 French/spanish North African Colonial badges   Help with pre ww2 French/spanish North African Colonial badges  

Help with pre ww2 French/spanish North African Colonial badges