Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

identified badge

Article about: Dear companions hello Can become identified this badge found by a friend Cordially Johann chers amis pouvez vous identifié cet insigne trouvé par un ami. cordialement johann.

Default identified badge

Dear companions hello

Can become identified this badge found by a friend

Cordially Johann

chers amis pouvez vous identifié cet insigne trouvé par un ami.

cordialement johann.

identified badge

identified badge

Default Re: identified badge

Hi Johann, I guess this badge dates from the time the Free Czech Forces fought around Dunkirk in 1944.

Not a badge I had seen before, so thanks for showing it.

Cheers, Ade.

Pretty nice little badge Johann. So I guess this is what the British government bestowed on Czech soldiers that fought at Dunkirk? Must be pretty rare. The Czech Gov. had fallen, what, two years prior. There must have been at least a few Czech soldiers that got away to fight another day. I know you said you've been snowed under Ade, I think you meant 1940 instead of 1944.

Take care,
    Jay

Hi Jay, No mistake, Free Czech Forces fought around Dunkirk in 1944 They cut off the German garrison and held them besieged until the end of the war in Europe.

Sorry Ade, I saw that the badge had 1940 on it, so I wasn't sure. I know you definitely have far more knowledge than I do on who fought what battles, when, and where. I had no idea the free Czech forces even fought with the British. That's why I'm alway interested in reading your threads. So much to learn and so little time.

Take care,
    Jay