Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prinses Irene Division

Article about: Just thought I might share a little grouping that arrived in the post a couple of weeks back to the Prinses Irene Division IMO all the cloth patches are WW II era Brabant weave, paste back a

?

Default Prinses Irene Division

Just thought I might share a little grouping that arrived in the post a couple of weeks back to the Prinses Irene Division IMO all the cloth patches are WW II era Brabant weave, paste back and olive linen with the exception of the 'Je Maintiendrai' patch which is postwar...
    The cap badge is nicely marked and was produced by J.R. GAUNT LONDON.. when time permits I will be mounting this grouping to a shadow box for display...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prinses Irene Division   Prinses Irene Division  

Nice grouping! The Prinses Irene was a brigade, not a division though. The shoulder title and rank pip seem to be Brabant Weave indeed and as such are 1944 or later. The lion patch with 'Je Maintiendrai' is 1947 or later, as this was the year this replaced the 'Nederland' in the scroll. The other two lions have black tread in them, which indicates British (WW2) made.

?

Thank you I am pleased to have it in my collection and yes you are of course correct as to the Brigade a bit of a typo on my part ...

Regards Mark

?

That's a fine looking grouping you have. What a great pick up

Regards, Rik

?

Thank you Rik I am still on the hunt for a Mk II flashed to the PIB they are rather rare and hard to source...

Regards Mark