Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Proper way to display a burial flag?

Article about: People seem to have different opinions on this so I’m unsure of what to do.... My dad brought me a burial flag that was from his moms side of the family the other day. He brought it to me

Default Proper way to display a burial flag?

People seem to have different opinions on this so I’m unsure of what to do.... My dad brought me a burial flag that was from his moms side of the family the other day. He brought it to me unfolded. Since it isn’t in its original form anymore I’m wondering what the best way to display it is. I want to display it the most proper way possible to honor him and the troops. I didn’t have a display frame for it so I have it hanging on my wall. Should I leave it as is or should I have it refolded and framed?
    Thanks

MAP
    ?

I would refold and put it in a frame. My view is just based on my preference to adhere to tradition.

You can get these frame relatively cheaply at most large hobby stores. I found mine in my neighbors garbage (yes I dumpster dive) last year.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would refold it correctly and put it in a frame, maybe with a note for who it represents, (since you know).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have one here, I believe that they were folded 13 times. Proper way to display a burial flag?

I would buy a case and fold the flag appropriately myself. I think that is more personal than getting a commercial job done.

I know the cases are readily avaiable in the US and you can also buy them here in UK without too much trouble.

Folding the flag is quite easy too. Have a look here;

folding a burial flag - Google Search

A small engraved memorial plaque with perhaps a DIU is a nice touch too.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-09-2021 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks everyone for the info I appreciate all of your guys’ help! You guys are great. I will frame it and display it that way.

Also @greatwhite nice frame! Do u have a link for that one and does it hang on a wall? Also nice German caps you got there!

Quote by GeorgeSPatton View Post
    Thanks everyone for the info I appreciate all of your guys’ help! You guys are great. I will frame it and display it that way.

Also @greatwhite nice frame! Do u have a link for that one and does it hang on a wall? Also nice German caps you got there!
    As I said, these are widely available in th US.

This one shows on Ebay.UK but is from a US source;

Folded Flag Display Case Hand Made By Veterans | eBay

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I got it the other week it was a e-bay purchase £38, rude not to buy it at that price, i can not see any wall mounting brackets, as for the caps,, reproduction i`m afraid although they display well enough.

I took your guys advice and framed his flag! Found a nice customization frame for a decent price. Does it look like it was folded correctly in the frame?

MAP
    ?

I think this looks proper. Only the blue and stars should be visable. Nice case!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast