Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A question about Royal Navy buttons...

Article about: Hey Guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I have a Royal Navy white dress tunic that I would like to find buttons for, but I don't know what the appropriate style would be for a sublieutenant.

?

Default A question about Royal Navy buttons...

Hey Guys,

I have a Royal Navy white dress tunic that I would like to find buttons for, but I don't know what the appropriate style would be for a sublieutenant. I would assume they would have a king's crown & fouled anchor, but I have seen some with a ropework edge and others without, some with a striped background and others without. Do these different styles denote rank or something?

(also, if anybody has an extra five of the appropriate style, I'd be super appreciative!)

The top type look like mess dress buttons. The bottom type look the type I would expect to see on a tunic. Sorry but the only ones I have are on a tunic.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I appreciate your response Jerry! I agree that the bottom type looks most appropriate (I thought the type without the ropework might be for petty officers or something). I don't think it'll be too difficult to track down five on eBay UK...

Quote by karkee View Post
    I appreciate your response Jerry! I agree that the bottom type looks most appropriate (I thought the type without the ropework might be for petty officers or something). I don't think it'll be too difficult to track down five on eBay UK...
    Indeed and I assume that a few members on here could help when they notice this thread. I have lots of spare buttons but sadly none for the RN.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.