Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??

Article about: I was in a small town right outside of Omaha today and I spotted this little junk store so I stopped in just in case and I found this little herringbone ditty bag with with a few items in it

Default Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??

I was in a small town right outside of Omaha today and I spotted this little junk store so I stopped in just in case and I found this little herringbone ditty bag with with a few items in it. The bag has the soldiers name and what I assume is his serial # I looked inside and see his dog tags from WWII and his belt which has his name Carl Dittbrenner Troop B 7th Squad. Ft. Riley Kansas there was a hat marked 1945 a tie, money pouch, and a few other personal items like fingernail clippers and coller insignia. There is also what looks like a unit pin but I am not sure on this one. If anyone knows what the pin stands for I would sure like to know. There is also a little alum. cone that looks like it used to screw on to the top of something?? Not a bad little grouping for 20.00 and 10min of my time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??   Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??  

Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??   Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??  

Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??   Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??  

Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??  

Default Re: Small WWII grouping found today. Anybody know what the pin is??

'Honor and Courage' DI is for the US Army 8th Cavalry ( Distinctive Unit Insignia )
    I believe the 'money pouch' is a rifle amunition bandolier.

Pretty good for only $20.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice little group you have there!

Alec

Thank you Steve for the info...and you were right about the pouch. Devin

Thank you Alec