MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Tigers head cloth insignia

Article about: Can anyone identify the unit that this cloth tiger's head insignia was issued to? It is appox 3cm square with the image printed in a rubber/plastic compound. It was with associated WW2 Borde

Default Tigers head cloth insignia

Can anyone identify the unit that this cloth tiger's head insignia was issued to? It is appox 3cm square with the image printed in a rubber/plastic compound. It was with associated WW2 Border insignia and I wondered if it may be something to do with the Burma campaign
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tigers head cloth insignia  

Default Re: Tigers head cloth insignia

It is British and is for the South Eastern Command. I have one the same in my collection shown below. Printed in the same manner as yours.

"This Command came into existence during WW2, and was formed for operational and administrative purposes from the Aldershot Command and that portion of the Eastern Command which lay south of the Thames. Their Headquarters was at Reigate. South-Eastern Command ceased to exist at the end of 1944."

No connection to the Burma Campaign.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tigers head cloth insignia  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Tigers head cloth insignia

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is British and is for the South Eastern Command. I have one the same in my collection shown below. Printed in the same manner as yours.

"This Command came into existence during WW2, and was formed for operational and administrative purposes from the Aldershot Command and that portion of the Eastern Command which lay south of the Thames. Their Headquarters was at Reigate. South-Eastern Command ceased to exist at the end of 1944."

No connection to the Burma Campaign.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks very much for that, brilliant quick reponse, Paul