Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

U.S. Division/Unit Patches

Article about: Hello everyone, I have over 100 U.S. and a few other Allied division/unit patches that my Grandfather traded for/ acquired during his service as a Commanding Officer in the U.S. 70th Tank Ba

Default U.S. Division/Unit Patches

Hello everyone,
    I have over 100 U.S. and a few other Allied division/unit patches that my Grandfather traded for/ acquired during his service as a Commanding Officer in the U.S. 70th Tank Battalion. I believe most of them are from WWII and some from post war. I would appreciate if anyone can help me identify some of the less obvious ones and also looking for info on which ones might be more rare or desirable.

Thanks,
    Thistle

U.S. Division/Unit Patches
    Last edited by Thistle51; 11-11-2022 at 01:24 AM.

I honestly don't know where to start! If anyone can suggest rare or sought after patches that I should be looking for, that would be awesome.

Hi Mate

Probably be better to display better fron and back.

Going by one image it is a tad difficult however you have 5 Ranger Bn , Rangers Diamond and 93rd Chemical Bn, Ist Allied Airborne , you have post war patches and tab mixed in there.

Phill

Thanks Phil
    I realize I can post them one by one... front and back... the photo was just meant to show how many I have... and I know that they aren't all WWII Era. Looking for at least info on what is more collectable and also hoping to start a thread to identify some that I haven't been able to identify.

With over a hundred ... I don't want to create 100 posts on the forum!

The problem you have is there are variations of the same units, which collecting WWII SSI like.

Over 500 manufacturers produced SSI during the war , so a few interpreted the design accordingly ie slightly changed the design colours etc...

Are you looking to sell items?

Phill

Possibly

- - ------- - -

Otherwise, I would like to know what I have.

Thistle,

I would lay these out maybe 10-20 in a group and take photos, flip them over and get back pictures and then post them up here. We can then better identify what you have. From what I am seeing just from the single picture, I see many infantry divisions, some armored units, some corps and Armies as well as a Ranger Scroll and Ranger Diamond. There are some nice patches, and I am curious about a few that I see in the pile. I believe I see a 93rd Chemical Mortar battalion patch, which if original would be quite nice indeed.

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Thistle,

I would lay these out maybe 10-20 in a group and take photos, flip them over and get back pictures and then post them up here. We can then better identify what you have. From what I am seeing just from the single picture, I see many infantry divisions, some armored units, some corps and Armies as well as a Ranger Scroll and Ranger Diamond. There are some nice patches, and I am curious about a few that I see in the pile. I believe I see a 93rd Chemical Mortar battalion patch, which if original would be quite nice indeed.

Smitty
    Thanks Smitty that's a good idea. Here is the 93rd Chemical Mortar Battalion patch. I also have a 83rd Chemical Mortar Battalion.
    U.S. Division/Unit PatchesU.S. Division/Unit PatchesU.S. Division/Unit PatchesU.S. Division/Unit Patches

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast