Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Union jack flag info please

Article about: Hello Ive picked up a flag and I cant seem to find any info on it. There are a few stamps and a number 373438 If anyone could help me or point me in the right direction that would be great a

Default Union jack flag info please

Hello

Ive picked up a flag and I cant seem to find any info on it. There are a few stamps and a number 373438

If anyone could help me or point me in the right direction that would be great and much appreciated!

Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Union jack flag info please   Union jack flag info please  

Union jack flag info please   Union jack flag info please  

Union jack flag info please   Union jack flag info please  

Tank regiment stamp, never seen that before, might be original
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Interesting item. It does look to have age and as Jerry says that stamp does look like a Royal Armoured Corps (RAC) badge but whilst I have see unit or regimental markings (applied by the unit not the supply system) I don't recall ever seeing an actual badge. Usually it would be script or numerals.

I don't believe this is a flag but is some kind of banner/hanger as at the hoist (the edge that would be adjacent to the flagpole) there is only a single brass grommet and no sign of anything else. There might have been a rod inside the header (white tape sewn over the hoist end) to keep it spread when hung.
    Simply put, I can see no way of attaching it to a flagpole halyard).

As a matter of interest in your pics it is upside down. The broad white stripe should be uppermost in the top corner at the hoist. Displaying it in this orientation is, according to urban myth, a distress signal though I am not sure of the official status of this as it would certainly be seen by British eyes as "out of order" at least if not downright offensive.

As I say, it is interesting and does look like it could be a legitimate item but a flag it isn't. IMO it is most likely the type of thing used on lamp posts etc to line a parade route etc.

Regards

Mark

Union jack flag info please
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

wow thanks for the replys!

I was thinking it might be a complete fake after looking at some of the other banners/flags that have been posted. I have a Nazi flag with similar ish stamps which i believe is a total fake, i will post a pic to show.

The banner is now hanging in my office and looks great!( the correct way up! haha )

thanks again for your info!!

regards simon

This is the german flag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Union jack flag info please   Union jack flag info please