Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US dog tags ??

Article about: hiya guys i got these dog tags off eBay for £9.99 even though they were sold as WW2 im not sure whether they are & so far my attempts to pin this down has left me a little more confused

?

Question US dog tags ??

hiya guys i got these dog tags off eBay for £9.99 even though they were sold as WW2 im not sure whether they are & so far my attempts to pin this down has left me a little more confused so whats everyone's else's view on this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US dog tags ??   US dog tags ??  

US dog tags ??   US dog tags ??  

Default Re: US dog tags ??

This website will help you:

Dog-Tags

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks Ade

Wolfman I am also at a loss on finding Mr. Slow's records. I searched the WWII and Korea wounded, KIA, MIA, and POW records and came up with nothing. I will try a few more things and see if I can find his name somewhere else but I have never tried researching any USMC files before and that might be why I'm stumped. A lot of the files were lost in the St. Louis storage facility fire and Donald's could have been there. For fun I ran a whitepages phone book search and found a D Slow living in Maryland listed as 85 years old it could be him who knows. Wouldn't it be cool if he was still alive and he had lost his tags.

?

thanks soalebm i was getting confused as all the dog tags i was looking at none of them i found were printed in the same way as this set & the ID number has only 7 numbers & all the others i have seen have 8. as for the guy in Maryland who knows if it was him i wonder if he would want his tags back?????

You never know sometimes they are really interested in World War II and sometimes it was just something they experienced and would rather forget. I was researching a B-17 that crashed in the yugo mountains and I got the pilots name from the missing air crew report. Well I looked his name up and found a guy that was 88 in Wisconsin and it was him. When I called I asked him if he remembered flying a plane named "Pantie Ante" and he said "Yes I fought that plane for an hour before we bailed out and it crashed into a mountain, good riddence the thing was a piece of junk" haha! You never know what story you'll get. Someday we won't be able to do that anymore.

?

so true mate sad but so true, its a shame that so many of these story's will be lost in time never to be told again but as you say not all of these guys want to keep reliving their past over & over again for some its still all so painful. anyway mate thanks once again for all your help