Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USAAF Patches

Article about: Hello everyone, here are some patches I've been meaning to share. There's nothing that amazing since they're pretty common patches. I'm mostly excited for the 8th air force and radio operato

Default USAAF Patches

Hello everyone, here are some patches I've been meaning to share. There's nothing that amazing since they're pretty common patches. I'm mostly excited for the 8th air force and radio operator sleeve insignia patch. Reason being as my Great Grandfather's brother (who he spoke about semi-frequently to me) was a radio operator in a B-17 g in the 447th bomb group. I'm thinking about getting some more USAAF insignia/equipment that his brother talked about and is pictured using in his scrap book for a shadow box or display. I think I'm one patch away from having all the occupation sleeve insignias. Thanks for reading, and any info!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Patches   USAAF Patches  

MAP
    ?

Great stuff Steve.

Did you pick one of these up at the show in Feb? I can't remember...must be getting old)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I got the 8th air force and the radio operator patches in February. Got the other three while passing through an antique store who had them for a good price.

Great looking patches..

When you get ready to display your insignia point the bomb and camera patches pointing down.. The only other specialty insignia you need is the weather technician..

Smitty

Didn't even realize that the bomb and photography ones were oriented the wrong way thank you for the letting me know.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    I got the 8th air force and the radio operator patches in February. Got the other three while passing through an antique store who had them for a good price.
    That's right. I remember you showing me these again. It was a hectic day at the show.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I believe they are integral parts of any U.S. insignia collection. very nice!

?

That is a great set.
    I love the 8th patch.
    USAAF Patches
    I prefer them on uniforms.
    Here is a pic of this one's sleeve for orientation purposes of the Qualification patch
    USAAF Patches

Semper Fi
    Phil

I wish had the space for some way to display a uniform. Currently I have a couple of uniforms and coats from WW2 but all they do is live in my closet and take up space.

?

Mine are also sitting in a closet.
    I keep saying I'm gonna get some mannequins but never have yet.

Its a good thing you are doing. I like that this is for your great uncles memory with the 447th bomb group.
    My avatar is of my Uncle Joe, Who was a B 17 tail gunner with the 8th AF ,384th Bomb Group 545th Bomb Squadron. Hench my love of the 8th.

Semper Fi
    Phil