Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

War Correspondent / Stars and Stripes Patches

Article about: Just picked these up today at an antique mall, I’ve always liked the war correspondent stuff so I was happy to find these. I did take a little gamble at 50\\$ for all three but from what I

Default War Correspondent / Stars and Stripes Patches

Just picked these up today at an antique mall, I’ve always liked the war correspondent stuff so I was happy to find these. I did take a little gamble at 50$ for all three but from what I’ve researched and been told I think I did good.

Would love to hear any opinions or further knowledge on them, I was told the Pacific Stars and Stripes patch is overseas made. I wasn’t able to find anything on the long thin patch. The other two I believe are WW2 era, but I’m no expert in this area and am happy to stand corrected.

Regards,
    Bodhi

War Correspondent / Stars and Stripes PatchesWar Correspondent / Stars and Stripes PatchesWar Correspondent / Stars and Stripes PatchesWar Correspondent / Stars and Stripes PatchesWar Correspondent / Stars and Stripes PatchesWar Correspondent / Stars and Stripes Patches

Bodhi,

Very nice insignia,

I can tell you that the square "WAR CORRESPONDENT" tab is for Civilian War Correspondents and these were worn on uniforms when they were embedded with troops.

One famous Civilian War Correspondent was Tom Lea who was also an artist and illustrator for LIFE magazine during WW2 and I have the privilege of being the curator of many of his artifacts to include one of his War Correspondent uniforms and insignia which include several of these "WAR CORRESPONDENT" tabs.

Well done

Smitty

Thank you Smitty! Always nice to hear from you I appreciate the information. The best I was able to find was this square patch was worn above the breast pocket.

These were all together I’d be inclined to think they may have come from the same person but I have no way to prove it.

Really nice, Bodhy mate

An excellent little piece of history

Regards
    Santi

Thank you Santi, I do think so too