Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Australian dog tag aspectos. How to keep safe

Article about: I recently got a pair of ww2 Australian dog tags names to NX35040 who was a pow. But found out they are made of vulcanised aspectos and some fibres I think have gone loose due to damage on t

?

Default WW2 Australian dog tag aspectos. How to keep safe

I recently got a pair of ww2 Australian dog tags names to NX35040 who was a pow. But found out they are made of vulcanised aspectos and some fibres I think have gone loose due to damage on the dog tag. How do I preserve such dangerous materials? ( photo of the tag is taken in a plastic box)WW2 Australian dog tag aspectos. How to keep safeWW2 Australian dog tag aspectos. How to keep safeWW2 Australian dog tag aspectos. How to keep safe

This is news to me. I thought all WWII Identity discs were metal fab..

?

The ones above 1941 I think have no idea how to keep this. It’s a very important dog tags belonging to a pow who was in a japense pow camp in Tokyo. But I need help on how to store it and display it. As it’s got some damage on it and saw action in Singapore where he was captured as there is mold and wear on it from jungle. That’s why they changed it from fibres to metal. Any help is well put to use

take it out of the bag so we can see it!

I don't believe they are asbestos. No reason for them to be...... I believe it is a compressed card fibre material.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hey W95 did ya get a sniff?

?

Hahaha. I saw some of the card ripped off and saw that the British ones were made of aspectos so I thought they would be to. They had a werid smell and it was a mild infection on one side. So I’d be able to display it do you guys reckon? It’s very special piece

?

To my knowledge, they are merely compressed fibreboard.. There is an awful lot of paranoia flying about, with regard to asbestos. You’d think the whole war was made out of the stuff.

British

NZ ones are the same, I think compressed cardboard. If concerned, don't wear around your neck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast