Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ? Unique BRITISH ? US ?

Article about: As the title states...I need some help! lol. I bought these wings at an estate auction. The guys estate contained items from when he was in WWII (in the USAAF), and when his father was in WW

Default WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ? Unique BRITISH ? US ?

As the title states...I need some help! lol. I bought these wings at an estate auction. The guys estate contained items from when he was in WWII (in the USAAF), and when his father was in WWI also doing things with Pilots and Transportation. These wings were in a lot with a WWI Victory medal, WWI photo album/scrapbook, and 2 USMC? devices insignia. The photo album has pics from France and I'm 100% sure his father was in France in 1918/1919. I have that listed in another thread. Anyway, I have posted pics, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    ATTACH=CONFIG]1136814[/ATTACH]WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ?  Unique BRITISH ? US ?WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ?  Unique BRITISH ? US ?WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ?  Unique BRITISH ? US ?WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ?  Unique BRITISH ? US ?WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ?  Unique BRITISH ? US ?WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ?  Unique BRITISH ? US ?WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ?  Unique BRITISH ? US ?WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ?  Unique BRITISH ? US ?.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII or WWI sterling sliver Aviator Pilot AAF wings Pin ?  Unique BRITISH ? US ?  

Looks like an air corps sweetheart wing of some type, considering it's size.
    Definitely not a tyipical British or U.S. wing.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I never thought of that! That is possible since he was in the AAF in WWII. I'll see if anyone else has other opinions too, but that is very possible.

Ill throw in my two penneth for what its worth. The shape of the wings resemble those of the RFC & RAF more than any other style of wings but the lack of a crown doesnt fit in woith that. The use of a propeller quite often indicates a mechanic. I do think its a sweetheart broach. Not much help I knw but gives you something to mooch over