Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1941 Crocea al Valor Militare and 11th Armata

Article about: I don't see a whole lot of Italian medals so I thought I would show my recent pick up a 11th Armata Cross and a 1941 pattern War Cross for Military Valor, . This pattern was instituted from

?

Default 1941 Crocea al Valor Militare and 11th Armata

I don't see a whole lot of Italian medals so I thought I would show my recent pick up a 11th Armata Cross and a 1941 pattern War Cross for Military Valor, . This pattern was instituted from 17 Oct 1941 until 5th September 1942. Originally it would have had the same blue and white ribbon of the Merito Di Guerra but with the 1942 changes they were instituted to the same blue ribbon that the 1942 pattern used and dropped the Gladius from the ribbon. Thanks for looking.

1941 Crocea al Valor Militare and 11th Armata1941 Crocea al Valor Militare and 11th Armata1941 Crocea al Valor Militare and 11th Armata1941 Crocea al Valor Militare and 11th Armata

Hi M.E.E.,
    really nice the Cross to the "Valor Militare" and congratulations for your knowledge of the subject; this is a not very common decoration, unlike the "Merito di Guerra" version.
    A nice decoration is also the Cross of the 11th Armata, pity that it is chipped.
    I add a complete example, with also the badge of that War made by the Albanian Government for the Italian Veterans.

Regards

Nice pair.
    Thanks M.E.E. & Oldsteel

Regards
    Santi
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 08-31-2021 at 11:00 PM.

?

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Hi M.E.E.,
    really nice the Cross to the "Valor Militare" and congratulations for your knowledge of the subject; this is a not very common decoration, unlike the "Merito di Guerra" version.
    A nice decoration is also the Cross of the 11th Armata, pity that it is chipped.
    I add a complete example, with also the badge of that War made by the Albanian Government for the Italian Veterans.

Regards

Thanks Oldsteel, beautiful examples and yes it is too bad this one was damaged, I do not know if these are from the same person but I was lucky enough to pick up both as a group for less then the cost of a Merito di Guerra so I can't complain about the condition too much. I will have to add a good ribboned version to the collection sometime but for now it will work. I also need to watch for a nice 42 version of this one now but I am very happy to have found this one.