Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Alpini cap

Article about: I got this alpini cap for cheap, is it original? can someone give more information about it? sadly enough it misses the feather. Thanks!

?

Default Alpini cap

I got this alpini cap for cheap, is it original? can someone give more information about it? sadly enough it misses the feather. Thanks!

Alpini capAlpini capAlpini capAlpini capAlpini cap

Hi pavlos; Yes, you have an original Alpini's hat, but it seems postwar made. It was a custom between the soldiers to apply these small stars, one for each month of military mandatory duty, at the end of the service. It bears the insignia of Mountain Artillery, for officer or NCO (but sometimes were also habit to apply a better one at the end of the service, as "upgrade").

?

Thanks for your respond, does this mean that even the cap itself is post war made? or only the mountain artillery insignia and the small starts? Thanks

By the shape, I think postwar. I would say also that the insignia has been added at the end of the service, because the "month = star" custom was common mainly between low rank personnel.

I love these caps!

This is a example from the 1960's I owned in the past.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alpini cap   Alpini cap  

Attached Images Attached Images Alpini cap  Alpini cap