Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brigate Nere skull insignia

Article about: Hi! I've purchased this skull today for a pretty good price, but I would like to know an opinion on any expert on RSI militaria about it's authenticity. I personally think it looks like an o

Default Brigate Nere skull insignia

Hi! I've purchased this skull today for a pretty good price, but I would like to know an opinion on any expert on RSI militaria about it's authenticity. I personally think it looks like an original, but my eye isn't exactly well trained to spot fakes just yet.

If anyone has better experience with them, I would love to hear your opinion!

?

Hello, I have one similar and had doubts about it myself because I was able to easily wipe off some of the finish on the back leading me to believe it was artificially aged. Perhaps I'm wrong. It does looks authentic otherwise but wait for someone with more experience with these.

Brigate Nere skull insigniaBrigate Nere skull insignia

Dos
    ?

I hope that someone here with more knowledge on these and the RSI can give his opinion on the authenticity of this insignia. In my time of doing research on skull insignia and collecting them i do not come across these often. They seem to be rather rare! The construction of the skull insignia you show seems to be good for the era it was build in. That is the only thing i can comment on, so thats a plus! Interesting piece, i like it.

There were many skull insignia variants worn by the Brigate Nere. The one that i show below seems to be seen more frequently in period photos of the time. The crossbones stick out a bit more shorter near the dome of the skull then your example does. Maybe yours is a collar tab skull insigne?

-Dos

?

I agree but the one you posted is a known example that doesn't match the OP skull or mine. I also have another similar type that doesn't match the known example either. Both of mine are from ebay and are frequently available so that does not bode well.

?

I don't mean to hijack the thread but these are all my Italian skulls of which the two on the previous posts I still have doubts.

It's true that most Black Brigades pictures I came across are the "shorter bones" type, which is what actually made me make a thread here about it. I haven't really seen any photos of Brigate Nere with skulls on their collar tabs, so if you have any I would be really happy to see them. The closest to the one I purchased would be this one, but since it's not a period photo there is no way to verify if it's original or just a reproduction.

Very nice collection Aldo! I especially like the arditi skull. But the fact that the pattern (if one could call it that) of the skull I've bought is commonplace on ebay and not on historical photos is a bit worrying to me. Lack of that many photos of Brigate Nere doesn't exactly help, but also leaves some hope that perhaps it's simply not the "usual" pattern, and the Brigades were known for having details change from brigade to brigade.
    Thankfully, the price that I paid for it wasn't too great (at least when compared to what they usually go for), so all that's left is to hope that both of us got lucky with a rare type of the skull

?

Here are some varieties I have in my photo archives from the internet and as you said none really match our examples but we shall see......

Credit: Gothicline

MILITARIA COLLECTION GALLERY #1 insignia and accouterments | On the gothic line

The Beret Project: The Italian Black Brigades

This one is quite similar I think. Or maybe my eyes are just bad. What do you think?

?

That one is more like the other example I posted with shorter bones but not the same as yours. I got them both from the same dealer on ebay for a small amount. The cap was for sale on International military antiques and can still be found in their archives

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast