Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Embroidered Italian parade? flag.

Article about: I am very happy to have this one show up this week. It is a very nice larger sized (roughly 5X3, hard to get exact measurements due to tassels). Double sided embroidered shield and crown wit

?

Default Embroidered Italian parade? flag.

I am very happy to have this one show up this week. It is a very nice larger sized (roughly 5X3, hard to get exact measurements due to tassels). Double sided embroidered shield and crown with beautiful Italian coloured pole ties. Material of the flag seems to be a silk (that is why it has a shimmery look in pictures) , there is some small damage including water staining, one pole tie is almost cut through and a small hole. I can take more pictures if anyone would need and if anyone knows for sure what the use would be that would also be greatly appreciated.

Embroidered Italian parade? flag.Embroidered Italian parade? flag.Embroidered Italian parade? flag.Embroidered Italian parade? flag.

?

No Comments or concerns?

Hi M.E.E.,
    I state that I am not an expert on flags, however over time I have had the opportunity to observe numerous examples, and waiting for some more authoritative opinion than mine to arrive, I'll tell you what I think.
    It is a nice example and well made, far too much to be an operational flag, I believe it is actually an example intended to be used for parades, or even more likely inside military halls or offices.

Regards
    Roberto

?

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Hi M.E.E.,
    I state that I am not an expert on flags, however over time I have had the opportunity to observe numerous examples, and waiting for some more authoritative opinion than mine to arrive, I'll tell you what I think.
    It is a nice example and well made, far too much to be an operational flag, I believe it is actually an example intended to be used for parades, or even more likely inside military halls or offices.

Regards
    Roberto
    I am thinking State not Regia Marina, would you think so also? or is there really no way to know?
    Thanks for the info.

For what I know, the crowned shield flags should be of military use, while the shielded only flags were used by civilian authorities. Hard if not impossible to state if Navy or other branches.

Beautiful! Savoia shield with crown is sure military use. What are the measures in centimeters?

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    I am thinking State not Regia Marina, would you think so also? or is there really no way to know?
    Thanks for the info.
    I confirm what the other comments have already said: the presence of the crown is for military use.

Regards

?

Quote by stahlelm16 View Post
    Beautiful! Savoia shield with crown is sure military use. What are the measures in centimeters?
    It is a little hard to get exact measurements due to the fringe being in the way but it is roughly 150X90.