Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GIL arm shield and ONB insignia

Article about: Hello, I'd like to have your opinion about these items : a GIL arm shield from the city of Cremona and an Opera Nazionale Balilla insignia "Se avanzo seguitemi" (which was used to

Default GIL arm shield and ONB insignia

Hello,

I'd like to have your opinion about these items : a GIL arm shield from the city of Cremona and an Opera Nazionale Balilla insignia "Se avanzo seguitemi" (which was used to hold the scarf).
    Can you also tell me a price estimation for each ?

Thanks

Welcome aboard Shining; about the items, I think they are genuine. About the price, I believe that this forum (as the vast majority of the forums) is not intended to give appraisals, but instead informations and opinions on collectible items...

Ok thank you ziomanno. On a website I've read that kind of ONB insignia "Se avanzo seguitemi" was made in the period 1932-1937.
    Is there a book about these ONB/GIL medals, and which can serve for identification ?

There are some good reference books out there but very few in English. I would also advise browsing the older posts on the forum.
    Regards,

Yes I know there aren't many books in English about Italian fascism insignias, but if you know good references in Italian I'm also interested !

ziomanno Is correct they are both originals and in nice condition. While this forum is not about detailing the monetary values both of these items are common so they are not worth a great deal, if you have a look on dealers sites you may find their respective current prices.

Some good reference books.
    Italian cross medals by Brambilla and Fossati
    Distinctive e Medaglie RSI volume 1 and 2 by Sparacino
    GLI Scudetti da Braccio Italiani (armshields) by Tavoletti
    Mussolini ' s soldiers by Rex Trye
    Army Badges and Insignia WW2, Ribbons orders decorations and Medals, Air Force Naval and Marine insignia of WW2, RSI and MVSN uniformi distinctivi etc. All of the latter are by Guido Rossignoli. Also if you can find back issues of AMICI magazine .
    Best regards

Thank you very much Scott ! I already have Italian cross medals by Brambilla and Fossati and Distintivi e Medaglie RSI volume 1 and 2 by Sparacino, but I didn't know the others you've mentionned.

?

Italini Tutti in Divisa and Le Divise Del Duce also. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thank you rra227.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast