Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperia Stick Pin

Article about: I've had this squirreled away for many years and rediscovered it after going through documents and some other pins I had been uncertain of. what they exactly are. So, I decided to do some re

Default Imperia Stick Pin

I've had this squirreled away for many years and rediscovered it after going through documents and some other pins I had been uncertain of what they exactly are.

So, I decided to do some research on the Imperia stick pin and found this on Wikipedia:

Imperia - Wikipedia

A fast highlight is Mussolini combined several communities to create imperia, a seaside resort town in north west Italy on the Mediterranean sea.

The stick pin in actual size is quite tiny, just a tad larger than the size of a pencils eraser.

What is amazing is that there are 2 colors, white, black and red baked glass enamel.

The image has been lightened as the original came out quite dark, a cell phone camera was used to take the image.

From what I can tell the crown has what looks like writing on it but the camera lacks the ability to take such a refined shot. My digital camera has some issues so this is the best I can do for now, apologies.

At the Wikipedia link there is what looks like a different coat of arms, so in actuality I am not quite certain what to make of it.

If you have any info you can add, please, do so as I am not certain if WWII era made. The back of the stick pin manufacture is exactly the same as WWII produced stock pins, the round stick pin end anchored onto the back side of the shield.

Thank you for taking a look at this and if anyone could please add to this, original or not, seen another like it or perhaps it is a gift give away from the Imperia pasta machine company....

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperia Stick Pin  
    Last edited by Rich Moran; 10-18-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Hello, the stickpin doesn't represent the Italian city of Imperia. It is for Cologne, Germany. The coat of arms is that of Cologne and the two towers are the spires of Koln Cathedral. The IMPERIA refers to the fact that Cologne was once a Imperial German Free City.