MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Infantry Division "Pavia" visor cap

Article about: Good morning everyone, emerged between objects of a flea market, I felt compelled to save this humble object, also widely used, but it reminded me a great episode of Military Valor: it is a

Default Infantry Division "Pavia" visor cap

Good morning everyone,
    emerged between objects of a flea market, I felt compelled to save this humble object, also widely used, but it reminded me a great episode of Military Valor: it is a Italian Army M34 visor cap belonged to a Second Lieutenant in the 28th Regiment of Infantry Division "Pavia."
    This unit consisted of three regiments:
    26th Artillery
    27th Infantry
    28th Infantry
    present in Africa from 1939 to 1942, this unit participated in many battles of the North African Campaign, including Tobruk and El Alamein.
    During the Battle of El Alamein the battalions of this unit were deployed to defend the southern front near the El Qattara depression along with the 185th Folgore Parachute Division and together with them was sacrificed, strenuously resisting until they were completely destroyed by Allied troops, in fact in November 1942 the "Pavia" Division ceased to exist.

Regards
    Roberto
    Infantry Division "Pavia" visor capInfantry Division "Pavia" visor capInfantry Division "Pavia" visor capInfantry Division "Pavia" visor capInfantry Division "Pavia" visor cap

MAP
    ?

A bit salty Roberto, but a real beauty.

I like this M34 style so much more than the other style

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael,
    it is a private purchase, many of the examples that have this origin follow the German visor cap style, with the highest front part.

Roberto

MAP
    ?

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Thanks Michael,
    it is a private purchase, many of the examples that have this origin follow the German visor cap style, with the highest front part.

Roberto
    Correct. These have a much nicer look....at least for me. I only have two. One of each style.

Infantry Division "Pavia" visor cap
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Wish I could find stuff like that at the flea market. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Wish I could find stuff like that at the flea market. Rich A. in Pa.
    Hi Rich,
    obviously in Italy is easier to find things like that, but I can say that quality finds are becoming increasingly rare; but in your area you will be luckier than me in finding US material, I have a modest collection of uniforms and material US Army WW1 and WW2 period, but as you can imagine I had to work hard to put it together, this is an example in my collection:

AEF M1917 uniform and equipment

I rambled a bit........, but it's always nice to share with collectors like me.

Regards
    Roberto

Great cap. The Pavia Division has a distinguished history in the North African Campaign.

?

Nice display. I only started to buy U.S. stuff because I was tired of spending more on fruits&veggies/Tastycakes/candy/gas , killing very nice cars and getting nothing. Just wasting my time. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.