Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Information on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish Army

Article about: Austrian M17 helmet used by the Finnish Army If anyone can provide info on the liner and chin strap that would be most appreciated. I'd like to know if the liner is indeed Finnish or origina

Default Information on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish Army

Austrian M17 helmet used by the Finnish Army

If anyone can provide info on the liner and chin strap that would be most appreciated. I'd like to know if the liner is indeed Finnish or original to the Austrian shell and possibly the date of manufacture. (ie WW1, preWW2, WW2, or post WW2) Same for the chin strap. (I'm pretty sure its not Austrian) Thanks.

Information on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish ArmyInformation on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish ArmyInformation on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish ArmyInformation on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish ArmyInformation on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish ArmyInformation on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish ArmyInformation on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish Army

Default Re: Information on Austrian M17 helmet as used by the Finnish Army

Liner and chinstrap are correct issue. I'd say that this is nice original helmet, although the liner skin looks pretty new to me. But that could be because of pics.
    Here's great Italian site, it might help.
    lo_stahlhelm_mod.1918_ultimo_elmo_d_acciaio_degli_ imperi_centrali._il_quasi_e_il_seguito [isonzo gruppo di ricerca storica]

Thank you Schachbrett, I visited the Italian site you suggested - very impressive.

No problem. The site is impresive indeed, but unfortunately I don't understand Italian, so I am getting along in many ways.