Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

ITALIAN Badge and Pins

Article about: Anyone know the value or have information on these? Tank Driver's Badge PNF pins?

Default ITALIAN Badge and Pins

Anyone know the value or have information on these?

Tank Driver's Badge
    PNF pins?

ITALIAN Badge and Pins

We do not appraise items here on this forum as it is very subjective.

You can research prices through auction sites and other places.

Front and back images of each of the insignia are also needed in order to determine if they are pre or post 1945.

The bottom pin should have a marking on the backside, again the importance of having front and back images in order to determine where and when it was made.

The pin may be made of aluminum and was a Fascist propaganda pin. The back may reveal where it was made and when. The front inscription loosely translated means: "SHUT UP" WE WILL WIN"

The screw back FACES symbol is either a hat or collar badge and the other FACES emblem with the pin back may also be an attachment for a collar tab or possible hat device.

The tank drivers' badge is a variation that is pictured here in this article. Note that the badge pictured in the article was altered after the fall of Mussolini and the fasces was altered.

Italian tank driver badges of WWII - Military Trader/Vehicles

Smitty

Thanks Smitty! I am new to the forum, point taken on asking for appraisal. I will post pictures of the backsides.

So the images of the backsides are rather blurry, but I can see that the Propaganda pin has no hallmark or pin.

I am posting an example of one which is similar to yours (This pin is not mine) that shows what appears to be an "authorization" by the Fascist Police of the town of Cremona, a town in Northern Italy in the Lombardy Region on the left bank of the Po River, stamped on the back.

On a separate note, the Town has a large collection of Stradivarius Violins in the Violin Museum which is appropriate due to the fact the town of Cremona is a violin making city...

The inscription on the back "aut.della pref.Cremona 23 mar XIX"1621 translated means that this pin was authorized by the fascist police of the town Cremona March 23,1941

I am not too familiar with the Italian policies of makers codes or marks on the backs of their insignia, so although your example does not have anything on the backside it does not mean that it is not WW2 Fascist era.

The Tank Driver's insignia I am surprised does not have a hallmark or makers mark on the back, but again not dismissing it as a WW2 era example.

Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images ITALIAN Badge and Pins