Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Italian Captian Summer Visor Hat

Article about: Here is a WWII Italian Captains Summer Visor. Appears to be the early style (flat brim). Overall in excellent condition except for dirt and sweat. Always have a hard time identifying the Cre

MAP
    ?

Default Italian Captian Summer Visor Hat

Here is a WWII Italian Captains Summer Visor.

Appears to be the early style (flat brim). Overall in excellent condition except for dirt and sweat.

Always have a hard time identifying the Crests but from what I can tell it is Light Cavalry, 13th Regiment.

Manufacturer is Unione Militare Roma.

Any comments or corrections are welcome.

Regards,

Michael

Italian Captian Summer Visor HatItalian Captian Summer Visor HatItalian Captian Summer Visor HatItalian Captian Summer Visor HatItalian Captian Summer Visor HatItalian Captian Summer Visor HatItalian Captian Summer Visor Hat
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Just wondering if anyone could confirm the identification of the crest on this cap. Light cavalry?

Any other info is welcome.

Thanks

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The white hat makes me think of my grandpappa, he would always say ' sub umbra sede' which means "always sit in the shade"

The Italians more or less only had 3 cavalry division, and only 11 Auxiliary/lancer light cav regiments. So it might not be LC.
    Morris

MAP
    ?

Quote by operaman View Post
    The white hat makes me think of my grandpappa, he would always say ' sub umbra sede' which means "always sit in the shade"
    So .......according to your grandpappa.....its not light cavalry.....

I think I'll take his advice this summer

MAP
    ?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    The Italians more or less only had 3 cavalry division, and only 11 Auxiliary/lancer light cav regiments. So it might not be LC.
    Morris
    Thanks. That was bugging me to ...the numbers didn't match based on the research I did with the resources on hand.

Haven't seen many Italian summer hats so not sure how unique they are.

Michael

It'is an hat of 13a Cavalry on Monferrato (1850-1943).
    During the ww2, fights in france in july 1940, then in albania like special police corp. In april 1941 fights in north africa with III tank group Monferrato . In 1943 fights near El Hamma against British L.R.D.G and S.A.S.B..
    In september 1943,during armistice, It was in Albania and refused to surrender to german and continued to fight until the death on comandant Lenzuolo. This event was the end of regiments Monferrato, The soldiers entered in partisan group.

MAP
    ?

Quote by lupodelnord View Post
    During the ww2, fights in france in july 1940, then in albania like special police corp. In april 1941 fights in north africa with III tank group Monferrato . In 1943 fights near El Hamma against British L.R.D.G and S.A.S.B..
    In september 1943,during armistice, It was in Albania and refused to surrender to german and continued to fight until the death on comandant Lenzuolo. This event was the end of regiments Monferrato, The soldiers entered in partisan group.
    Excellent. This is great information. Thanks for the help!

Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by lupodelnord View Post
    Thanks again. Did a little research when I got home tonight on the 13th Cavalleggeri di Monferrato. Very interesting and a great story to put with the visor. Bravo Lupodelnord!!

Michael

Nice pick up! We don't get too see many Italian items here all that much! Excellent cap with a great history to it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast