Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Dress Dagger Identification Help

Article about: Hi all - I'm trying to help out a friend in identifying what type of Italian Dress Dagger he is in possession of. As far as I have found, it's an Italian MVSN Dress Dagger that was probably

Default Italian Dress Dagger Identification Help

Hi all -

I'm trying to help out a friend in identifying what type of Italian Dress Dagger he is in possession of.

As far as I have found, it's an Italian MVSN Dress Dagger that was probably produced after 1939 however I'm not sure of it and there's a sort of lack of information that I've been able to find. Here are some pictures and if it's missing any identifying factors I can take further pictures. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Italian Dress Dagger Identification HelpItalian Dress Dagger Identification HelpItalian Dress Dagger Identification Help

MAP
    ?

While not my speciality, I think you pretty much have nailed it. A model 39 leaders dagger. If I remember correctly, the Model 37 had a chain hanger and the 39 hangers were leather.

Here is an example of a 37.

MVSN Chained Dagger

You should try using the forum search function. I'm sure there are a number of threads on these.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)