Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian eagle knife question

Article about: Hi, I have just been given a couple of knives that have been in my family since the 1st/2nd world wars, & I wondered if the more knowledgeable amongst you could provide further informati

?

Default Italian eagle knife question

Hi,

I have just been given a couple of knives that have been in my family since the 1st/2nd world wars, & I wondered if the more knowledgeable amongst you could provide further information?

Basically, I have been trying to identify exactly where these knives originated from, and recent research has led me to one looking German, & this one being an Italian MVSN Blackshirt knife. However, the grip on these look like wood, but all others online look like a black material? Also the scabbards look usually black?

If anyone can help, then many thanks.

Ian UK.

Yes, Italian "Becco d'aquila" High officers knife with the grips replaced.

It is just missing the black panels, with small "fascio".

?

Thank you Kanister & ziomanno.

Much appreciated!

A real pity! A not so usual Knife, I like it! If it's mine I will try to find some original replacements

Nacho

?

Thanks Nachomenorca,

I will have a look online and see if original replacement grips are available anywhere. Although, knowing my luck, it will then be discovered in years to come that Mussolini had a skin allergy to certain knife grips & had the grips on his weapons replaced with wood!

Thanks again.

Ian.

?

Here are pics of the grip plates you are looking for. Not damaged like these of course. I have a knife like yours. Someone put wood in and painted it black. This dagger was made by F. Horster, Solingen. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian eagle knife question   Italian eagle knife question  

Attached Images Attached Images Italian eagle knife question 
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Thank you Rich.

I will certainly keep a lookout for grip plates, but I am guessing it will be a case buying up a lesser quality knife for spares. Oh dear, I can see the beginning of a new hobby.

Thanks again.

Ian.

?

Good luck in your search. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Hi again,

I am having mixed thoughts on this, & now leaning toward keeping it as is.

Basically, I have just found on another forum that wood replacement grips whilst rare, are not so uncommon after all. One knife similar was even found to have a Italian prayer & instructions for a priest inside the cavity between the grips.

On top of this, there is the cost, & so on, but this is part of what was said.

I have come across this before Ian ...& it could be that the wood grips might have been added during the RSI era by some zealious Fascist loyalist ??.. as all emblems of the previous Royalist/fascist time were removed.. or replaced by the republican fascio !..you never know ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast